Oreo

Oreo

Friday, December 7, 2012

Good Morning!

Here's hoping you day is going well.

Took Oreo for his first walk away from the yard yesterday.  He was to thrilled about that.  He was constantly stopping and had to have a little nudge now and again.  Finally about half way down the street he became determined he was going no further.  Plopped down right on the side of the road and refused to move, so we headed back.  When he spotted his own yard it was tough to keep up with him.  We'll keep up a little each day.

Daughter Deedee and her cousin (Sherry's daughter) are in Vegas meeting up with their friend Spring. It's their reward trip they promised themselves when they went back to school. Deedee and Spring are celebrating getting their Master's Degrees and Deanna is celebrating her divorce.  

Well we're are going to downsize in a Christmas tree.  Jack has been trying to get me to do it for a few years now, but I love the big tree.  The dog has made the decision.  No one wants to fight with him to stay away.  Should have it up this weekend hopefully, but on Monday for sure.  Have this round table in the garage that will be just perfect and bought some real pretty material for a table skirt. 

Well better get back to work.  As usual, the nose twitch doesn't work and the cleaning fairy have seems to have taken a trip elsewhere.  If you see her, tell her to get herself back here.


7 comments:

  1. Good morning. You'll have to carry the camera with you for cute little Oreo. Any pet pic is cute especially when they go against the grain...lol
    Kassey has 2 very small trees that she never bothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a cleaning fairy too. If you ever find her send down this way.

    I would like to see some pics of Oreo on the walk too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Terry, now that I have lost another of my best friends, I am so glad I took so many photos as I know that these are such precious memories for me. Puppies can get a kove on when they want, tie a brush to the tail and you have your very own cleaning fairy.
    Hope I'm not speaking out of turn,but from experience, i don't think divorces are to be celebrated, i think it's more a mourning of what was. but I don't know the facts so I'll button it. Nice to celebrate a diploma award though. Thanks for dropping by the jokey blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've thrown around the idea of downsizing the tree too instead we seem to have not just one tree this year but two...one for upstairs the other for down...go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Little Oreo!!! Next time, he will probably go a little further. We'll keep our paws crossed for his success!

    I would be willing to bet he would have been afraid of the tree. As long as there were no ornaments down low, he probably would have just steered clear of it. My dogs always did. Isn't it funny how they KNOW that tree shouldn't be in the house? Now cats are an entirely different story....they will climb a Christmas tree and make the thing topple over if it isn't steady. I have had that happen a time or two in the past.

    Cleaning fairies? Where?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WE did downsize the tree this year - went from a 6 1/2 foot tree to about a 4 foot tree or shorter. Fortunately we have floor to ceiling windows in the living room, so the tree can still be seen from the street. But it does take up less room and it's just tall enough that it looks fine sitting on the floor. We had thought of putting it on a table, but that seemed like extra work. Mario is happy because he can still lay under it too, I've only had one dog in my life (a schnauzer), but Fritz never bothered our tree and we got him when he was 3 months old. Guess it depends on your dog and how active they are, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My new dog Biscuit is 3-4 yrs old and when I tried to walk him he acted like he had never been on a leash. We'll have to work on that! We got a smaller tree this year too, but I have to have a real tree!

    ReplyDelete