Oreo

Oreo

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ranting today

first, about DWTS.  It's getting so you don't care to watch as the audience seems to have more clout that the judges.  As I said before, judges should have bigger vote as they are the pros.  Bristol Palin is a very cute young lady and seems real nice, but, she can't dance and should have been off two weeks ago. 

Last night I saw a newscast about schools failing the minorities.  Now I do agree that a lot of schools could do a better job, but when are these people going to take responsibility for themselves and their children.  My husband and I worked in schools for over 35 years and when you see kids and parents expecting enititled grades and lighter discipline because they are minorities, you know it's not all the schools fault.  All hell breaks loose if they don't get their way.  And no, it's not all the minorities who behave this way, but a great deal of them. They come late, homework not done, tired because they haven't a decent bedtime, with a chip on their shoulder and parents who make excuse after excuse for them.  Case in point.  While cleaning a room across the hall from a conference going on with the principal, teacher and parent I heard this.  Mother, "What do you want, his homework done or readable"?  Principal,  "both, we can't tell if it's correct if we can't read it."  Mother, "too bad".  Mark it done and leave my kid alone." I don't think I will every forget that conversation.  No, I wasn't eavesdropping, it was just she was yelling so loud you couldn't help hearing it. They is no reason if they are sitting in the classroom with students who are doing the work, getting the grades and succeeding, that they shouldn't be doing the same.  It's lack of proper parenting and laziness.

Let's see what else to rant.  Okay, okay, that's enough for today. 

Have a good day all.

5 comments:

  1. Touche! What you said and possibly the fact that too many times, the parents were still kids when they had kids. Very sad when people always play the victim card.

    Also agree with you on DWTS. I don't waste my time voting. I've gotten to the point where I just like the outfits and watching the pros dance. What I'd really like is to see a competition with just the pros dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXCELLENT rant!! I agree with you completely about minorities. I don't watch DWTS so I have no opinion on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent rant..I agree 100%. More if that was possible. My middle son has been a teacher for 11 years. It is all you said and more. MUCH more. Entitlement is a given and rudeness and no expectation on the part of the people who call themselves parents.

    People keep zinging teachers for the failing of the kids! GIVE ME A BREAK! The kid HAS to have SOME discipline from home and the ability to learn. That's where no child left behind gets my goat sometimes. If you can't learn, you can't. Don't whip the teacher because a child can't learn because he/she is unable to. Then, there is the kid that comes from a disruptive totally uncaring home where they are the boss of everything. I'll quit. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i believe i had this same rant a couple years ago on msn spaces.....Just to add to your rant, it still kills me that my kids had to get a 3.5 to get a state scholarship yet a minority student only needs a 2.5, when i questioned this i was told that the minority students dont get the quality education that my child would.......excuse me..are you saying that when this minority child sits next to my child in class that they arent getting the same education,,,,,,,Bull, that is crap and they know it...you are giving these kids a reason to expect everything to be handed to them and as you said, a reason to carry a chip on their shoulders that the white people owe them something.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally don't watch DWTS but my wife does and she agrees with you about Bristol Palin :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete