Oreo

Oreo

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy Saint Patricks Day!

A Little Bit of Heaven!

Have every the story of Ireland go its name?
I'll tell you, and you'll understand from whense old Ireland came,
No wonder that we're proud of that dear land across the sea,
For here's the way me dear old mother told the tale to me.
Shure, a little bit of Heaven fell from the sky one day,
And nestled on the ocean in a spot so far away;
And when the Angels found it,
Shure it looked so sweet and fair,
They said, "Suppose we leave it for it looks so peaceful there.
So they sprinkled it with star dust just to make the shamrocks grow'
Tis the only place you'll find them no matter where you go;
Then they dotted it with silver
To makes its lakes so grand,
And when they had it finished, shure they called it Ireland.
"Tis a dear old land of fairies and of wond'rous wishing wells;
And nowhere else on God's green earth have they such lakes and dells!"
No wonder that the Angels loved its shamrock-bordered shore.
"Tis a little bit of Heaven and I love it more and more."

5 comments:

  1. I found this in a little notepad I bought at an Irish store a few years ago and thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tale, Happy St. Patrick's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me miss Ireland so very much! Happy St. Patrick's Day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being Irish for the day. Don't know exactly what it is that draws me, but it does. Would love to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty Boop looks so comfortable up there...If I laid on my stomach like that, I wouldn't be able to get back up. I'd have to roll around the house.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too, my friend!

    ReplyDelete