Oreo

Oreo

Friday, July 26, 2013

Where have I've been?

What have I been doing?  Would you believe nothing to write about, but seems to take up a lot of time?  Guess I just got caught up in the daily grind, and lovely weather.  Oreo loves being outside as most dogs do and I take my iPad or Kindle and out we go.  
 
I did manage to get one thing done.  The top canopy for the swing that was too small made bigger.  I think when I ordered it last year they sent one for a two seater swing and this is a 3.  So I cut it and add an extension.  Whah Lah!  It fits perfectly.  I did take measuremeants to be sure and have the right size if it's ever needed again.
 
Had Sherry's sons wedding in that time I was gone.  Such a happy couple they are.  They sure compliment each other as they each have (I guess you would call it a handicap of some sort).  He has hand that shake bad and she has a leg that doesn't cooperate well so walks with a cane.  Each of them take such good care of each other it's so endearing to watch.
 
Jack is having trouble with his Minolta suddenly.  He took pictures of the wedding and they all came out rather dark.  It doesn't matter whether he used a flash or not.  It's all the same, in sunny places and and shady places, light or dark.  He's on his way to have it checked.
 
The Rock County fair has opened this week with some pretty good headliners.  Florida/Georia Line, Hunter Hayes, Trace Atkins. They drew a crowd of 30,000 for F/G.  It's the oldest county fair in the nation.  I guess I knew that but was remined of it with the new report on it last night.  Haven't been to the fair in years. 

Sending prayers for our friend Beth who has just gone through surgery.  Praying for all the best and a speedy recovery.
 
 I guess that covers it for today.  Not much to report as I said, so I'll go see what kind of trouble I can get into.  Have a good day.

5 comments:

  1. It can be very easy to step away from blogging at times and when the daily grind provides nothing we feel all that inspired about it's not easy. I'm glad to see you pressed on and posted anyway! Sorry to hear about the camera...hopefully it won't take much to fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did miss you, but am happy you were enjoying yourself and having fun anyway. Sometimes I think I should give up blogging myself as I'm so irregular at posting. My brain seems to be out to lunch anymore and I just don't get much done during the day.haha - My involvement with Twitter special events probably just add to it all, but I hate to give that up completely too. Enjoy what is left of you summer. Hope you get the problem solved with the camera. (Im hoping and praying the news on Beth improves) Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. For nothing to write about, you did pretty good! Sounds like a good time at the County Fair and the wedding couple sound like a sweet couple. Glad you have had nice weather to enjoy with Oreo and that you got outside and enjoyed it! We will all still be here! I'm praying for Beth, too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it a DSLR or a film camera? (Jack's)

    Oreo, ask Momma if you can have your own bloggie? xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been a way for about a week except to check in on Beth. I have been quite busy with too many things to do. I've worked some screwy hours. I love to take pictures and have a dslr camera but don't fully understand it full yet. Perhaps it was set for a very bright image the subjects of the picture were a bit too dark.

    ReplyDelete