Oreo

Oreo

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Boy am I a slacker!

       I really need to get my act together.  I can't believe it's been 2 years since I've been here.  I need a kick in the tush.  With that said hopefully I can redeem myself a little today.

     Things have been a little busy around here and now this virus thing looks like it's going to complicate things even more.  Have spent the last few years dealing with family member and cancer.  Both husband and one son have been battling it.  Husband has been cancer free for a couple years but son is restarting his chemo trips.  It seems like we're running back and forth for the treatments all the time.  I keep my prayers and fingers crossed it all comes out okay.  I've been okay, thank God, and my yearly Dr's appointments have been fine.   Sad to say my sister lost her husband last year.  Bill was a great guy and we will all miss him.

     The bright spots in all this are the wedding of our oldest grandchild Aaron and his lovely wife Claire.  What a beautiful wedding it was.  The happy couple have had 2 additions to their new family.  Two of the most beautiful kittens ever. 

     Then our oldest granddaughter got engaged on Christmas eve right here in out living room.  The highlight of our annual Christmas gathering. They plan to be married next year in April. 

     Our younger grandson and granddaughter are continuing their educations in college and doing very well.

     Oh, and almost forgot.  Oreo keeps us on out toes with frequent trips outside, looking for warm weather to stay out and play.  He's such a funny little dog and can't believe how lucky we are to have him. I coulc go on and on about the way he expresses his orders. 

    Well enough for now.  Hopefully I will get my act together and post much more often. 

    You all take care and God Bless You.


Terry.

   

     

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't you know ol' amed the spammer had to get here before me!
    I loved catching up with you. I took a chance that you had blogged as you made a comment on mine. XX
    I am very happy t catch up with the family and I will tell you that I am going thru that with my son. He has had very bad time of it. I don;t talk about his things on Face Book or my blog. It's his to do if he wishes. But I sure know what you are going through emotionally with both your husband and your son.
    I love reading about the grandchildren. Many happy years ahead for them and I hope I get to see the kittens sometime too!!!
    Love all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son had gotten all the way to his fifth year and was keeping the dismiss appointment with the oncologist after the last scan he had. Then he was told it was back. That was hard to bear but we walk with God in out heart, so he is still having chemo and we still have hope. XXOO to you and the family. I miss you and Sherry's blogs still, after all this time. XX

    ReplyDelete