Oreo

Oreo

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Raining and flood watches.

Yes, that is what we're under here. Already have a small lake in the side yard.  Then they're calling for that nasty "S" word Thur. & Fri.  Where the heck did Spring go.  It could have stuck around a little longer.  Hopefully this upcoming mess goes as fast as it came.
 
With the frustration of the internet hookup solved I now have to sort through all the stuff I piled on the table, thinking they would have to add another cable wall connection.  Glad it wasn't needed, but it did force me to finally get at this mess.  Found loads of stuff the d-i-l can use in her daycare.  I have reams of paper from when I worked at school and they tossed.  Packets of computer stuff I had for making things such as magnets, stickers etc. for the grandkids who have outgrown such, and specialty papers.  She is very excited to get it.  Now to find a place for the books I had there and most importantly the photo albums. 
 
Finally got in to see the eye doctor and made the arrangements for removing the cataracts.  Won't be until May.  Can't believe all you must go through before hand.  Ekg, which I can skip because I just had one in Jan., physical that I had already on the calendar for June now moved up to April.  Of course the eye measurements.  Haven't been to the doctor this often in years and years.  I sure will be glad when it's done though.
 
Well I had better get back to work.  This stuff won't find a place for itself.  You all have a good day.

6 comments:

  1. No dull moments for you my friend. I hate to tell you we really got dumped on with horrible record breaking cold and snow...it's a shocker to have that fifty degree drop in temperatures...I pray the trees don't get hit on this thing. I pray all goes well for your eye surgery. I know just what you mean to be glad to get such things over with! Bless you, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope there is no flooding up your way,,,i remember the problems from the last time the river overflowed and it wasnt pretty !! The "s" stuff is not nice either,i hope it gets nice and sunny for ya'll very soon !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything goes well with the surgery. That will be in the future for me.

    I heard the nasty S word for here for Thursday night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny that they make you go through all that for cataracts, and I just watched a documentary on a doctor that went to North Korea several years ago to do cataract surgery on people over there...even children have cataracts over there because of malnutrition. They did 1,000 surgeries in just a few days....and taught the doctors there how to perform the surgery. They showed it in the documentary....they just make a small slit beside the iris, and take a little instrument and the film just slides right out of that slit. Then they put a bandage over their eye or eyes, and they came back in a couple of days to make sure there was no infection. When they could see for the first time in years, they didn't thank the doctor, they bowed before their dictator's picture, crying and praising him...they thought he was God....and I guess they think his son is now. Sad they are so malnutritioned over there. Out of 1,000 surgeries, they had no complications...and no EKGs or physicals were done beforehand. Interesting...seems maybe our hospitals do this to make money?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3" of slushy snow last nite - more coming tonite. Joy! Wow - I have a mild case of that in one eye, but haven't had to go through testing yet. I didn't realize there was so much involved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we are passed the snow thing around here and the weather has improved but then again the old saying pops into my mind, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute."

    ReplyDelete