Oreo

Oreo

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

It's a dog!

You've all known we sisters get together once a week for what is knows as "granny's night".  That we have non-granny's included is just adds to the fun.  Now why the dog title?  Well it goes like this.  A couple weeks ago we gathered as usual.  While sitting there talking I heard a lawnmower start up.  Thinking it was Jack I said "poor Oreo is all alone loose in the house".  Well my sister Sherry said, "it's a dog", in the tone of  "it's JUST a dog".  The nerve of her, lol.  It's my baby.  I hate leaving him alone too long when he's in the crate.  Besides, I could see thing being chewed that he wouldn't normally be able to get to.  Fortunately the lawnmower was next door and Jack and Oreo were napping in the chair.
 
Things will be busy here on the weekend again with Fathers day approaching.  We girls have worked out another plan so as not to have to grill.  Last year we made a big slow cooker full of bar-b-que.  Well that didn't go over well with Rhonda's husband.  Didn't know he didn't like bar-b-que.  New plan for this year.  We are getting 150 pieces of broasted chicken.  With dishes to pass (that we usually have done the day before) and the chicken, we should be able to have a good day without anyone have to watch the grill. 
 
My grandson's birthday follows Father's Day and we are all adding a pack of pencils to his gift as a joke. It seems he's always losing his pencil and has to borrow at school.  If you have to borrow too often from the teacher they charge you a $1 at his school.  We did that years ago to Sherry's DIL who was always spilling her drink.  We all gave her a sippy cup for Christmas.
 
Following all this is our 50th anniversary on the 22nd and the kids are throwing an open house party here.  Sherry's son is getting married next month. So far, that is all as far as I know at this time.  I sure hope we get some time to go camping this summer.  It seems like the summers are so full that we hardly get it out. 
 
Well I guess I've rambled on long enough.  You all have a great day. 
 


7 comments:

  1. You and your sisters remind me of my grandmother and her sisters....there were 5 of them, and they had the BEST time whenever they got together....the house was full of laughter and smiles and hugs. I think I was actually in Heaven whenever I was there....wish I could bring them all back and hear all that happiness again. Thanks for bringing that memory back by being a tight-knit family like you are....you are so blessed.

    Dogs are not "just dogs". They are my babies, too. They have distinct personalities and can melt your heart....as I am beginning to learn from blogs that just about any animal can do....cows, horses, geese, pigs, goats.....so many of the ladies on here have proven that they all have such different personalities and actually have senses of humor....and have love for their families....and can actually outcast others of their kind that they don't approve of. It's amazing to me.

    50 years! Very few people get to say that these days. You apparently chose well. Congratulations on the 22nd. I pray I make it to mine....got 9 1/2 more years to go. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post Terry. I always enjoy reading about your family. I am so glad that you have family close by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad for you all having good times together, it sounds like a lot of fun. I smile at your dog situation...it's true dog owners are in another world from those that don't own one. Blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's all??? Sounds like it's plenty to me! Enjoy it all, hope you can keep up with it. I hate it when things get too busy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get so upset with people who say "it's just a dog" or "it's just a cat." No, most of us pet owners really love our animals, and they are like children to us. Many times we even have grown-up children, but the animals are still our children too. They bring so much comfort and joy - yes, they are a lot of work, but very worth it. Congratulations on your 50th. We had ours about 4-5 years ago - can't even keep track anymore. he he Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dogs are my kids. I spoil them lol. I loved the sippy cup ha haa. I so enjpy hearing your family gatherings. Your family rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ME! ME! I STILL wanna be there! ME!

    Happy Anniversary dear girl. I a so proud of you both. xoxoxox

    Now as for Oreo, I have it on good authority that Oreo wants momma to help him with a blog. yes, he does. True.

    ReplyDelete