Oreo

Oreo

Thursday, August 22, 2013

All's Well...

Knock on wood.  Wonder where that saying came from.  Let's hope it stays that way.  Dryer is working great.  Hubby is off the hook, lol.  Then he quickly escaped north with his friend.  Now rest there as they are doing a countertop I thinkhe said.  I always wonder why men are so quick to help other when home projects are piling up.  It took 7 years to get the kitchen finished and we're on 5 with the bathroom.  Only progress there is a new stool.  It's a really good thing I'm patient and no nag, or life could be real rough around here.
 
Oreo and I went to the park yesterday for a walk and I told we would go again today.  Alas, it's rainy out there.  Though it has stopped for the moment, it looks like it could start at any time so that's out.  Doesn't look promising for the future as heat and humidity are on the way.  Poor puppy.  Guess he'll just have to be content to play in the house with Mom.
 
Sister is back to work and comes home and soaks her foot right away.  She is a bit frustrated with the people who she has to train to run the machines she now runs.  They are here from Calif. where the jobs are going and they don't seem to have a good learning work ethic.  They want a break every 2 hours.  They are having trouble grasping what to do, can't move to the next level until they do and are only suppose to be here two weeks.  First one almost over.  Meantime production is off which won't make the customers happy.  Sometimes it's not good to move things.  Especially when a couple of execs told them this was the most efficient plant they had.  There is just no understanding of some of the corporate minds out there. 
 
Here it is 8 o'clock and I'm ready for a nap.  Silly dog go us up at 4 to go out and couldn't get back to sleep.   Nap will have to wait as there's too much to do.  Just hope he sleeps in longer tomorrow.  Of course he's napping.
 


5 comments:

  1. That's the thing with us kitties and woofies! We are u before the sun. Hey..I have been to Oreo's bloggie. I hope he keeps it up. xoxox

    Oh did you read theat DWTS is going to once a year and one time a week. :-(((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard DWTS was going to go to once a week format, change judges, Maks might return and Kim is leaving. I must have skimmed to fast and missed the part about once a year. One of my failings, reading to fast.

      Delete
  2. We've not had a dog or a cat for years now...I think I'm spoiled at this point. I hope you can get in a restful nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terry thank you for visiting and leaving a comment for me, I really do appreciate it, I wondered if anyone was still around in blogland:-) and wondered 'did I deserve a reply' after such a long absence. I'm going to try and post a bit more again.
    Poor Oreo, I hope the weather improves for him.
    I hope you get your kitchen done soon.
    DWTS is the equivalent of our Strictly Come Dancing, most enjoyable.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got curious about the "knock on wood" or "touch wood in England came from myself so I goggled it and basically it's based on mythology about gods or spirits living in the trees. You touched or knock on a tree hoping the gods or spirits would give luck. Or something like that.

    I have had to train some mindless people but I won't go as far as labeling all of the young generation as lazy or mindless, though I see so many people transfixed on their little hand held screens. I'm sure they said the same and maybe worse about my generation. We were the radicals that grew our hair long.

    ReplyDelete