Oreo

Oreo

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Didn't see that coming.

What a surprise on DWTS last night.  No one went home.  Voting glitch had all fan votes thrown out so all got to stay.  I think that was a good fair way to handle it.  I really didn't want to see anyone go last night.  It's going to be rough to see anyone leave as they all seem to be so good this year.  Was totally shocked with the loss last week. 
 
Progress is coming along a bit faster on the bathroom.  It may be finished by the end of the week.  Darla's husband was on vacation last week and helped everyday.  Son Jack (he's been work 12 hour days so couldn't come earlier) came Saturday and they finally have all the drywall installed.  Jack cut his thumb pretty good Friday, cutting drywall.  I think it could use a stitch or two, but tough guy just taped it together, wrapped it and continued to work.  Now it's finishing mudding, sanding, painting and laying the floor and trim. I should be able to help with some of this, though I'm not sure he'd appreciate my paint skills, lol.  Soon as my camera charges I'll take a couple pics of what's been done so far.
 
The homecoming season is now over here and there are still a few remnants of toilet paper floating around.  It doesn't seem as bad as last year.  The kids in our district have to sign up for a cleanup crew if they want to participate in the ritual.  They did a pretty good job.  It's still the highest parts that let loose a fly, but there isn't much of that left. 
 
Prayers for the families in Nevada.  How sad that someone has to resort to violence, especially a child.  I feel so bad for the families.  I don't want to condem the shooters parents as I know they are hurting and devasted also, but please parents, if you have guns keep them locked up and away from your children.   


6 comments:

  1. Agree with what happened at DWTS..I didn't see it but did hear what happened. Look for them to make two couples go home sooner or later because this is timed out to so many weeks. Hope they don't have any more troubles. Waiting is so hard when you want the whole thing just done. Hope it looks exactly like you want it to when it's finished. Sad thing is a wonderful man was lost to his family when a teen or CHILD had problems no one knew about. Parents should be more aware of their children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so very sad that a child that age could be filled with such anger that he would shoot his classmates. The teacher was very brave and I feel so sorry for his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When will the school shootings ever end! Makes me sad to think of children living in this day and age and growing up with this. The bathroom will be lovely when it's done. You have great patience -I've be a raving manic at this point. he he

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember we had our bathroom when I was a kid. Our kind neighbors let us use the one they had in their basement. Not much fun in the middle of the night though.

    We have our share of shootings around here as well. It's all pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a tragic case as are all such shootings :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been missing you. Hope all is well. Thanks for visiting Mario. I finally posted today.

    ReplyDelete