Oreo

Oreo

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It's sure not what it used to be.

Customer service that is.  Most probably have a story to tell, I'm sure.  The decline in care and help to a customer is rare now days, instead of being the thing that brings back business.  I have to say, we've been pretty lucky in this regard for the most part.  Having little to complain about, even with the gripe I'm about to relay.  My little gripe is not with the manufacturer, but the company selling the products.
 
Remember I think I told you my dryer was making an awful sound.  I went online and found a site explaining what the problem may be.  Sure enough when Jack opened it up it was exactly that.  He took the bad part to the place we bought it.  Well, would you believe, they don't have a parts dept..  When they have to do a repair, they come and look, go back an order, and then come back when the part comes in to fix.  Two charges for home visits.   Well, Jack made them order the part (I think and threat to call the manufacurer might have something to do with it) and we are waiting a call for when it's in.  Supposed to be today, but we'll see.  This is not the first time with this place.  When we bought the washer and dryer they delivered the wrong washer. The one we bought was more expensive than the one received. They tried everything to not have to exchange it and bring the right one.  It took a telling them we were going to place an article in the paper about their service and attitude that had them show up 20 minutes later with the right one.  Needless to say, we will never deal with them again.
 
It's sad.  Gone are the days with more helpful stores and service people than not.  The first place we ever bought such appliances is no longer in business probably because they were so customer friendly.  They even talked Jack through a repair online while I picked up the part.  Will never see that again.
 
That's my little rant for the day.  Minor compared to the big things in life, but hey. 
 
Have a good day.

4 comments:

  1. Oh so very true. Good post! I hope the part comes in for you and your husband can get the dryer fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such attitude huh. I hope the part comes and it gets fixed. Bad service is so irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a worthy rant Terry, it's a pity that one should have to go to such lengths to get good service though, I hope it's going well and doing it's job. Thanks for visiting me. Take care.

    ReplyDelete