Oreo

Oreo

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hoping for a Win.

Well here it is.  Today we are going on a gambling bus trip with the little bar up the street.  Wish me luck.  I need it as I usually lose what I take.  You'd think I would stop wouldn't you?  Since it only goes twice a year and I don't take much, I guess it's okay.

Yesterday I was sitting here getting ready to post when I got a call from my dil.  My son was hurt at work and in surgery at UW hospital.  He runs a machine and lining up a part, accidently hit the wrong pedal and it puncture through the palm of his hand.  His boss took him to the hospital, but his poor wife was home with her day care kids and couldn't be with him.  She called to see if we could go get him when he was released.  Of course we would but he called later and a co-worker was bringing him home.  He was feeling no pain at the moment of course but I'm sure he was as soon as the pain killers wore off.  The thing is I was not at the least bit shocked.  This is the kid, all the time growing up, if there was a chance to get hurt in any way, he was it.  Praying he keeps full use as it's his right hand of course.  So needless to say all posts were forgotten. 

Well better go get ready to leave. 

You all have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Terry..How awful! I will add him to my prayer list. Bless his heart. Please let us know how he is progressing too as time goes by?

    Good luck on the fun trip, gf!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to read this. when our kids hurt we hurt just as bad. Keep us updated on how he is doing please.
    Good luck on the boat. I never have any luck which is why I only take $25 when I go. I have a gambling boat just 8 miles down the road from me on the Illinois River.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hate hearing this and I'll be checking back for updates. Have a prosperous trip.

    ReplyDelete