Oreo

Oreo

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Back Better...

..but I'm tired.  Not sleeping well with the back hurting and was looking forward to a good nights sleep last night (you know, not having to get up a hundred times also).  Well almost got it.  Was jolted awake a 3 this morning with the phone ringing.  This always scares people and with Jack's mother living alone and set up with life alert it did just that to us.  Thank fully it wasn't he,r but it was the Fire Dept.  They needed him to come to the scene of a house fire and take pictures.  He made it home at 9.  Fortunately, no one was hurt.  All the residents and animals got out safely.  Unfortunately, the house seems to be a total loss. 

Dept. has been busy in the last 24 hours.  We had a funeral visitation last night and coming home we saw dozens of red and blue lights ahead.  Coming up to the scene of a car accident but couldn't see how bad it was due to the two lanes of traffic and all the emergency vehicles.  Then heard they was another one later that night.  Haven't seen or heard a word on either the news or morning paper, and Jack said no one mentioned it at the station either.  Hopefully that means no one was hurt, or at least hurt bad.

Been so spoiled with all this nice weather and now that it going to be over.  Always new the snow would come but still don't look forward to it.  Of course some are and I hope they enjoy it.  They have waited some time. 

Now to get my act together around here and do something constructive.  The list is so long I may have to cut them up and draw them from a hat to know where to start. 

Have a good day.

6 comments:

  1. I don't want the snow to come either! I would be perfectly happy if I never saw another snowflake touch the ground. They are pretty to watch swirling around if they just don't cover the ground. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the snow. Guess we're to get about 5 inches blowing around. Enjoy your snow day. he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terry, I can sympathise with the bad sleeping pattern, it's such a pain in the butt when you don't get a full night's sleep. I hope you get a good one to-night, I insist on it !
    How awful these accidents, and they mean so little they aren't even mentioned in the papers, but someone's life must have been altered because of them. such an uncaring world.
    We too have had lovely weather, unseasonably mild, though it's going to get colder at the week end, Thanks for calling but keep your hands off my boy friends ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like a wild time for you...small wonder you can't easily get to sleep. I hope that back situation clears up for you soon. That would be a terrible thing to lose a home to fire but thank God everyone made it out safely. We had a big cool down with a chance for wind to make it brutally cold tonight...I sure hope that doesn't happen. Have a good day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fires accidents and back problems...so glad there was nobody hurt in the fire and glad your back is better. Snow may dust here by Friday, but it's saving the big stuff to fall near you! LOL!!! Draw one chore at ah time - ah day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No snow here yet.
    I lived in an apartment building that caught fire one floor below me. Pretty scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete