Oreo

Oreo

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Should I claim her?



Yes!  That's Sherry.  We just couldn't ignore this weather,  Mom's favorite day and had a cookout already.  We all had green shirts of somekind but as Rhonda put on the picture on fb. "there's one in every family".  She had crazy socks too.  Her husband didn't seem too thrilled. He kept trying to get her to take the wig off.  Of course she stood strong.  Would you believe everyone was so excited to cookout, no one bothered to check the tanks on the grills.  Fortunately we did just get the meat cooked.  Now both Jack and Jodi are out getting them filled, lol.

I think almost everyone was there.  Sherry had one son who is in NY so he could not be there.  Sad note here, we called Darla in the morning only to be informed Jim was taking here to the ER.  She was in pain and they kept her.  It was her (sp) divicutriculites and they started antibiotics.  They said if it doesn't work more surgery would be forthcoming but they seem to be doing the trick.  She says she feels much better and it waiting to find out how soon she can go back home. Poor girl. 

The weather today is another gorgeous one and plan to go back out as soon as I'm done here.

You all go out and enjoy this day where you can.





8 comments:

  1. A cookout sounds wonderful!

    I think sherry looks very nice all in green. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah gottah love that "One" LOL! I loved seeing Sherry all decked out for the holiday. FUN!
    So sad for Darla. Doggone it. I hope she gits better soon. The tanks. We forgot to check ours too and didn't have enough gas to get the meat done. Enjoy your day. Hope your vehicle can be fixed too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I expect she will be known as Sherry the Leprechaun with that Green wig, very fetching, I hope your friend will be OK and soon on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I did go out and enjoy the day. It was gorgeous here as well. I was out most of the day.Sounds like you had a great day as well. Keep sending the beautiful weather my way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad Sherry didn't surrender the wig! LOL! We spent the day at a gun show...well, at least I did...how's that for an exciting St. Paddy's day? Our weather turned really rotten today but it wasn't bad at all yesterday...the up and down stuff about does me in. Bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry actually would look great in that hairstyle! NOT the color mind you but the hairstyle suits her.

    Poor Darla, bless her heart. I hope to goodness she continues to feel better. Oh and no way could I spell that either. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would soooo be the one in my family to wear the green wig....would even wear it to work. I am always the one that dresses up on Halloween in costume. I have always embarrassed my kids and hubby....just my sons, not my daughter. She's as bad as I am. There is a young lady that works at the donut shop close to us that dyes her hair hot pink. If I was young again, I would dye mine hot pink, too. I think it's so pretty. But it would just look ridiculous on me!

    ReplyDelete