Oreo

Oreo

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Wonderful Christmas

Well Christmas has come and gone and we will put away all the decorations, but the memories of all the fun and family time will live forever.  Watching the little ones always brings joy to the heart.  The food that put cracks in diets is always delicious and really in abundance.  Makes for great leftovers.
 
Though we gave mostly gift certificates as most wished for, everyone was happy with them.  The kids all draw names (family is a bit too large for buying for everyone) the kids did have present to unwrap.  Oreo was spoiled with a number of toys and treats.  We were given some great gift cards.  My kindle is reloaded.  Jack got chocolate turtles he loves and I, my favor chocolate covered cherries.  The kids all chipped in and got us a gift card for The Fireside Dinner Theater.  They put on some marvelous shows throughout the year and we can pick the one we would like to see.  We have always wanted to go there, but for some reason just never made it.  Now it's just pick the show and go.  As it is in another town a bit farther from here, I think we will pick a spring or summer show so we won't have to travel on winter roads.  My kids made me tell them where I save the card as I've been known to forget where I put one.  Sheesh!  Has nothing to do with 'old timers' either.  I just tend to put something away, and out of site, out of mind. 
 
I pray you all had a good Christmas. 
 
Wishing you all have a Happy New Year. 
 


6 comments:

  1. Oh what a happy day all of you had. We did here as well! xxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Christmas for you. i LOVE how your kids want you to tell them where you hide things like tickets. ha ha - I can relate to that. I'm famous for hiding things and won't find them for another two or three years. This year I found a pair of candles I had anticipated giving to our daughter. Stuck them way back in a closet and just found them 3 days ago. She finally got them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds wonderful!! I have always wanted to go to a dinner theater, especially one that is performing a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a good Christmas my friend...may it be the beginning of a grand entry into a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please come and visit my bloggy as I presented you with an award yesterday. http://mariodacat.blogspot.com/2013/12/clean-slate.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful time, especially all the great food lol, I like to eat too hehe !! Update us on the dinner show, I bet it will be great, those are always amazing, we use to go a good bit in fla, not so much since we have lived here, that is something I miss ! I just know you will love it !!!

    ReplyDelete