Oreo

Oreo

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July. 
 Remember the men who gave it to us and those who help us keep it.

Well the zoo was fun.  Have so many picture just can't decid which ones to put up.  Hubby put them up on fb, as did my sister.  Little 2 yr. old Ryker walked the entire zoo.  We were all just stunned.  Everyone thought for sure we would have to get a stroller or carry him at some point.  He was such a little trouper. He did fall asleep immediately when getting in the car.  He and Addison (she's 1) were good all day.  Well up unti we rode the little train that goes around the zoo.  He love trains and wanted on it everytime he heard it go by.  When we got in line and he saw the engine he became terrified and started screaming.  They got on in a far car but he clung to Jodi so tight she couldn't even move her head to see.  Addison on the other hand thought is was great.  She wanted to lean out and see. 

My legs hurt so from all that walking.  A lot more walking than I'm used to and Sherry with her hip was pretty darn sore too.  It sure is a big place.  Had a little disappointment in it though.  They were cleaning the polar bear exhibit and we didn't get to see him.  I would have thought with a holiday weekend they would have had that all done for the spectators to enjoy him.  This guy was taking it easy though.
These freely wander the zoo grounds.  As soon as I get my videos checked I show one walking right in front of me.

No, he's not a relative.

More later.  Have a great day.

7 comments:

  1. The photos are great and prove you all had a wonderful time. Aren't little kids wonderful? You know they will remember this for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to the zoo in Milw in ages, but remember how big it is. Sounds like you all have a fun day though, well, except for the scary train ride. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen the photos on FB yet.But it sounds like y'all had a wonderful time. Maybe next time, the little one won't fear the train.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can seen you all enjoyed at the Zoo.
    All children are enjoy visit the Zoo and we are too.
    Your grand son walked without stroller..
    Now I wonder he was tired:-)
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still like the zoo. We have a small local zoo a couple of miles from my house and a larger one on the other side of Boston. I go there every once in a while. Walking is very good for you. It's about the easiest exercize you can do. I like the shot of the gorilla. Did he (or she) find loose change?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y'know, Terry, I'm one of those few old grumps who aren't much into zoos. If I had the dinero, I'd love to go to Africa and see the critters wandering free in their native environments...would love to see giraffes, especially.

    I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your time together and the day was a good one.

    About that gorilla...are you sure he/she isn't related?

    8 )

    Enjoy the rest of your summer; let's hope for better weather for everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi sweetie! thanks for the hugs yesterday on face book. xox

    ReplyDelete