Oreo

Oreo

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday plans

First of all.  Yeah Badgers.  Now get to work and plug up those mistakes and tighten up the defense.  Oregon is tough they don't take anybody lightly.  And.......
GO PACKERS!

Now on to today.  Breakfast at the Moose as it's the 1st Sunday of the Month. 

Hopefully I can finally talk Scrooge into getting the tree and decorations down.

Pizza for lunch or supper, who knows.

Watching, rooting and praying for a Packer win.

Finishing "The Valcourt Heiress" by Catherine Coulter.  It's taking me forever as life gets in the way.

I think that's enough for today.  Tomorrow I must get my act in gear and get organized for the yearly family gathering.  Plan my grocery list and get all the good stuff.  We usually have a "potluck" type of affair on Christmas Eve.  Years ago we would all gather at one house (Mom & Dad's) until that got too small and then at Sherry's.  Eventually that too got quite crowded.  As with life, changes were made and we all got together with our respective families as they grew also.  This year Sherry would like another group thing, which would be fun.  She suggested about 5 or 6, but I doubt we can do it that soon. Just won't be able to get there that early.   Most of the kids come in the afternoon and the rest wander in periodically.  By 5 or 6 almost all are here and the presents can be attacked.  Finally as the grandkids say.  Then some have to trot off to other family gatherings and the rest of us sit and talk and play games. Usually have a family Euchre challenge, lol.   Jim has to work until 3 so he and Darla won't even get here much before 4:30.  Adam sometimes doesn't get here before 7 and not sure about Steph.  She may have to work too.  Will be checking on that.    Jake and Nicole and the boys have a number of places they stop at and I can't remember when they get here.  Since they have the smallest kids, we wait to open presents until they come.  We will get there sometime, just not sure when.

So far so good.  Have my annual checkup in 2 1/2 weeks and have been working on the weight loss thing like a good girl for a change.  So far have lost just what I was told to.  Now for a few lbs. more and really make the doc happy.  Now if I can just slap my hands away from all the holiday goodies and I can keep it up even after. 



"Let him who would move the world first move himself."   ---  Socrates






5 comments:

  1. Wow friend, congratulations on your weight loss. Good going. Whew, I'm tired just listening to all of your plans. Family gatherings can be so much fun - lots of work - but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Christmas will be just mom and dad and our immediate family. It's been like that for many years and I'm just fine with that. I'm glad you're being a good girl and losing weight...somethings that can bring a whole wealth of health in and of itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot imagine trying to get a large family together all at the same time. Sounds complicated, lol. Hubby got in our scrawny tree this morning and put it together. It needs ah miracle to decorate it....ha haaa!
    GO PACKERS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The days of a large family gathering are long gone for me. I really miss it though.

    Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas has changed over the years in my family as well.
    Watch out for those Christmas treats. They are killers. I hope to stay away from the treats until Christmas.

    ReplyDelete