Oreo

Oreo

Thursday, June 14, 2012

I found it! I found it!

I should have looked in the 'black hole' in the first place.  I finally remembered putting some in there , and there it was.  Now I have the apron all cut out and ready to go.  Had to make a quick trip to the fabric store for thread and tracing paper.  Would you believe it.  I have 3 tins of thread and none that would work, and my package of paper was empty.  Used my 'noodle' this time and made a list, got everything. 

Darn weatherman.  He says we will have rain Saturday and Sunday.  I know we need it but it really could hold off until  Mon.  Our Fathers day cookout is Sat.  Jodi and I decided we would make a big cooker full of Bar-B-Que instead of slaving over the grill.  Besides, the guys grill so much better and it's their day off. Though Jack did pout when he asked what kind of steaks we were cooking and told none, lol.  Hey, we only got burgers, brats, and hot dogs.   So far the menu consists of bar-b-que, slow cooker potatoes, taco dip and chips, baked beans, cucumbers, sliced tomatoes, pink lemonade cupcakes (thanks Bri) and maybe snicker salad and water and musk melon.  Don't have all the dishes to pass listed yet.  Hungry?  Come and get it.

Well better get to sewing.  That apron wont't make itself.  I sure hope it turns out as cute as the pattern looks.

Have a good day.


3 comments:

  1. What a relief for you, to find your lost material, but things are never really lost are they just not in the place our eyes have been directed to., you just have to re-direct them.
    That Father's day lunch sounds scrummy, we'r going out with the family, doing it the lazy way, but maybe we could all come over to you instead, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to come and get it! Sounds delicious!

    I am glad you found the material!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like having nice weather on Father's Day...it's very unstable here but it seems our outlook is pretty good for that day. It's been dry this year though from the cool and gloomy days we've had I still find that hard to believe.

    ReplyDelete