Oreo

Oreo

Monday, September 24, 2012

Just rattling on.

The only thing I think I will like about winter is that hopefully things will ease up.  Been an eventful couple of days. 

First my sister Jodi has had her fears come true.  The company she works for is closing in 18 months.  Though a part of the plant is going to Ind., China again is gaining employment.  This is the 3rd time she has had to start over.  As she's not yet old enough to retire she will have to start looking again, which is not easy when over 50.  Using her sense of humor she asked us if she said the following right, "Do you want fries with that".  She does have one thing off her worries, and that is that her house is all paid for.  Her friend that she works with has is tough as her husband and her both will now be out of a job.

Next I went to something I hadn't been to in years and years.  A Tupperware party.  Though much is still the same, some things have changed and the prices are something. 

Next a visitation for the passing of a Moose friend who has been battling cancer for years.  Though she lived 3 years longer that they predicted, it was not all good years.  Rest in Peace Betty.

Looking ahead there will be Steph's baby shower, pictures of homecoming, Aaron's first return home from college for a weekend,  Aaron, Nicole and Jack's birthdays.  I think I'm tired already.  Our summers are usually busy, but it seems like this one has been particularly so. 

Well, the 1st load of laundry is waiting to be put in the dryer so.  Meatloaf, baked potatoes and scalloped corn waiting to me prepared for supper.  May make some corn bread too.  Haven't decided on that one.  The rest of the mending waiting patiently.  Not to mention the dust bunnies etc. calling my name. I had better get my rear in gear. 

Hope your week is a good one, starting with today.


5 comments:

  1. Chin up my friend, I know it's a difficult time we live in right now. I share your feelings about fall, I know that we can have some horrible winters and seeing it begin to really cool off now I know what's coming. I think I'm going to do my best to not think about it too much and enjoy the day for what it is. Have a blessed day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your sister, so many people struggling. It's really sad. Hoping for a few Indian Summer days to finish some outdoor things. Not looking forward to the cold winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful I'm still working. It is tough out there.
    Boy it's been a long time since I've had meatloaf. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four years ago, we had a takeover in our department at work by some women who wanted younger, educated people working under them. They fired so many of our older, hard working people that many of the rest of us went to HR to complain, just to end up losing their jobs as a result. I say this to let you know this....many of them found jobs quickly. EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE OVER 50. The ones that didn't, ended up being glad....three of them were able to spend what would be the last couple of years they would have with their husbands. All three of their husbands died, and had they not lost their jobs, they wouldn't have had that time to spend with them. Several others ended up drawing unemployment checks and having a "paid vacation"... and at the last minute, found jobs. I don't know of any of them that ended up not working if they wanted to work. Tell your sister to keep her chin up....most young people these days are not dependable and the ones that show up to work are on their cell phones or IPads all day long. Seriously. The ones that were hired in our department with their big degrees are worthless. It won't be long before these companies figure out that over 50 doesn't mean no longer useful...it means dependable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the bad news for Jodi. Here's hoping that she keeps her chin up and that 'something' good will come along for her. A Tupperware party!? They still have those eh?! I remember the ex-wife was really into Tupperware in the early years... I was in to working to support her purchasing habits. Betty is at peace now... God rest her soul.

    Yup, your summer has sounded quite busy at times. All in all, sounds like you have been keeping well. That is good to hear.

    ReplyDelete