Oreo

Oreo

Friday, September 28, 2012

New TV season

The new tv season has begun.  Is your favorite show still on?  Do you like the new ones?  I know some of them look intriguing, others boring and the in-between.  Me, I'm still attached to the old ones I like.  NCIS (favorite of all), DWTS, NCIS LA, Criminal Minds and Castle.  Some would say I'm stuck in a rut, not adventurous, or whatever.  You noticed there are no comedy shows listed.  The ones they have just don't seem funny to me.  But then my family says anyone who doesn't like "Blazing Saddles" has no funny in them.  I beg to differ.  There are a ton of things that make me laugh, they just don't make those kind of shows anymore.

Carole, DWTS will be quite competitive this year as soon as the sub-par pairs are gone.  Yea, it was only right that Pamela Anderson went first.  It was painful to watch her.  Right now the way the standings are, hopefully that is the way the first few go.  After that, let the real competition begin.

The final word on the hubby's laptop is it's toast.  The repair place said it would be $400 to fix it and they would only warranty it for 30 days.  Though they would do it and make the money  they said honestly they would replace it if it was their computer.  Appreciate the honesty and would recommend them to friends.   We left there and went a bought a new one.  Happy hubby is up and running again. 

I'm really not so sure that was a good idea.  In the 3 days it was gone he was cutting into the honey-do list.  Darn, why couldn't they have taken a little longer, lol.

Well the washer has stopped so better go change machines and put in the next load.  

Have a good day.  Hope the weather is good for you.  Only 43 here at the moment but suppose to hit low 70's.  Keeping fingers crossed.


"No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously."   Dave Barry

6 comments:

  1. I almost never use a lap top unless I'm traveling and I've had more of them fail then desktops. Last time ours failed my wife switched to a mac book pro...Apple stuff is too darn expensive but it seems to last...at least so far. 50 for us with a high of 79. The show I'm most looking forward to is Walking Dead, for me it's the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NCIS, Castle and Bones. I have recorded some of the new shows on the DVR but haven't watched them yet.

    I am glad your hubby has a new computer. I still don't have everything I want on my new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch Castle, Bones, Grays Anatomy, Major Crimes, and a new one, Last Resort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't watch a thing on network tv. I only watch a movie now and then on the television. Once in a while, I will watch Home an Garden television, or Disney with my grandkids, but all the rest just seems like garbage and I'd much rather be outside with my Hubby or talking to my kids or reading blogs. I don't want to fill my mind with the junk they put on the tube these days. I just haven't seen anything that lifts up my spirit and is worth my time. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the shows this year - they suck for the most part. DWTS and American Idol will continue to be my favorite. My sense of humor must be the same as yours - I loved shows like I Love Lucy, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge television watcher. Not because I'm a snob but because most times when I sit to watch something I either get a phone call or I fall asleep. When I can watch I like to watch NCIS, Bones, Ice Road Truckers, Dirty Jobs Deadliest Catch, Fringe and of course the Patriots. There are no comedies that appeal to me except, Saturday Night Live. My last favorite comedy was Cheers. Ok it was set in Boston but that's not the only reason. It was very funny for a very long time. Especially the first 5 years with Shelly Long.

    ReplyDelete