Oreo

Oreo

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Tomorrow

Mom's Graduation Picture

Tomorrow we all know is Mother's Day.  I miss mine so much, as I know many of you do.  Though we love and appreciate them when they were with us, I sometimes feel we could have appreciated them even more. We could have shown it more.  We could have done more.  We just never quite understand how much we're going to miss them when they are no longer just a short drive or a phone call away.   

I know some who are estranged from their Mother's and I feel so bad for them. For them both.  You read it in things like "Dear Abby",  hear people complain or say they hate them.  Of course we don't know the reasons and maybe it is better for them this way.   I would hope and pray that some day they will be able to find a way to settle whatever has torn them apart.  They have no idea what their missing in life.

 I suppose I don't understand, because we've have been so fortunate in our family, in our ability to understand, talk, work out and forgive of whatever disagreement may come up.  The closeness of our family is very precious to us and we take great pride in our ability to keep it. So I'll leave you all with this from a book I found.

It seems like only yesterday
You wiped away my tears
Helped my grow, watched me play
What happened to those years
Now children I have of my own
And I'm content and happy too
With grandchildren who love me
And it's all because of you
You really started something
When you fell in love with Dad
You were the perfect parents
And for that I'm really glad
You mean the very world to me
So there's nothing more to say
Than I love you very much Mom
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!





9 comments:

  1. Terry, I miss my mom more with each passing year. You are so right, there are so many things that I would like to tell her that I didn't get a chance to.
    The poem is lovely!
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I met you here in cyberworld, I always admired how close you and your sisters are. Reading about your family makes me fuzzy inside. I wish you and your sisters a very Happy Mothers day. I like the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having had and lost two Mums, one natural one who adopted me, I can double feel the loss on Mother's day, and one reason why I tell my own two daughters they must remain close to one another, as family is very important, and if there's even a hint of a row, to walk away before it grows. Lovely poem and post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the poem you shared :-)

    Happy Mother's Day

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loverly your poem for the Mother's day.
    We all missed our mum's.
    I wish a very happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very,very close to my mom and am so very thankful for her. You have a wonderful entry here today. Bless you and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mothers Day dear Terry to you and all your sisters and their mothers-in-lw. YOur family is a joy to me always.

    I miss my mother too. She left this word at an early age and I never got to say what I wish I could have...especially as I have grown in life and experience.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunday is the one day of the week, that we should try and dump the work/household chores that we have for a while... and relax. Today being Mother's Day, makes it just that much more special. Special wishes go out to all...
    --> http://i51.tinypic.com/2a4zvpg.gif <--

    ReplyDelete
  9. Without a doubt, a Mother's love is something that we keep locked deep in our hearts, always knowing it will be there to comfort us...
    "Happy Momma's Day"
    ... to all Mothers, Mother's-To-Be, and those that have stepped in to fill a void.
    I'll never understand the things that some people say or do... but if there's one thing that it is not hard to understand is that Motherhood does not come with instructions... it's on-the-job-training! Bravo to those who tackle it!

    ReplyDelete